Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Hello Kitty Toaster ◉ Review

I'll be sharing my review and thoughts on my Hello Kitty toaster today! Hopefully it will help you out if you're interested in buying one~
I got this toaster as a Christmas gift a few years ago so I can't say exactly how much it is. Just from doing a Google search, for the toasters that look like mine, the price ranged from $30-$60. Knowing my parents though, they waited until it went on sale to buy it ^▽^
This is what mine looks like!




 It's red and white. I've also seen pink and white ones for this model.







 

It has four little buttons on it which cook whatever you're toasting differently. There's Bagel, Defrost, Reheat, and Cancel. It goes up to seven for temperature.


I've used the bagel and defrost buttons. For me, the bagel button doesn't do anything different to my bagel. I can toast it without pressing that button and it comes out the same. The defrost button is nice for things like toaster strudels. However, the middle always takes longer to warm up even with the defrost button on. You really risk burning the edges if you want that middle warm. I would suggest heating it up a little in the microwave to warm it up first.

In general, it's easy to burn the edges even on a low temperature. Just having it on two sometimes my toast will have burnt edges. 
With this toaster, you're supposed to be able to toast a Hello Kitty face onto your bread. It's way too hard to get it to show up unless you want burnt bread. It's very selective with toasting the face on. Sometimes it'll appear without cooking the toast for very long. Other times the toast will be burnt with no traces of the face. The face is pretty useless on bagels as well. Mostly cause there's a giant hole right where the face is supposed to be toasted onto.
However, it is a toaster and it does its job. It takes a bit of getting used to, at least it did for me, with knowing how high you can set it before it burns. We don't use it very often since we don't buy bread that much, but for the times it has been used, it's worked and done its job.

I wouldn't recommend this to people if they wanted the Hello Kitty face to show up every time they use it. The face is just so hard to get. Maybe it's just my toaster~ I would recommend this toaster if you liked Hello Kitty and needed a toaster that simply toasts. 

Toasting ability: ✿✿✿ Like I said, it's easy to burn the edges, but it gets the toasting job done.
Face quality: ✿ The face will show up when it wants to no matter how much I cook it.
Options (Reheat, defrost, etc): ✿✿ I don't see much of a point since they don't make that much of a difference for my toasting experience.
Temperature range: ✿ I burn toast so easily on two so I don't see the point of going up to seven. Are you toasting, like, a steak? ●︿●
Overall: ✿✿ I mean, it's mostly for decoration. A regular toaster does the same thing as this one.
*Small note* No matter how many times I use it, it still emits a plastic smell.

Of course, your experience may be different! However, for me and my toaster, this is my honest opinion. If you were looking to buy a toaster like this, I hope this helped! If you have one like mine, do you agree? Or is your toasting experience different from mine?
Thanks for reading my little review!


No comments:

Post a Comment